You said YES! It is now official, you are going to get married. Congratulations! Obviously, you would like your wedding to remain in your memory as the most wonderful day of your life, so there is no time to waste. You must start to plan your wedding right now. I assure you, the sooner the better!
How to plan your wedding? this is a real challenge, especially if you want this day to be as beautiful as possible. This challenge can also be one of the most exciting experience you will ever live! Nothing is better than a checklist to help you with this exceptional task. Whether you are a few months away, a year away or even more from your special day, this checklist will help you plan your wedding without stress and with confidence. It will help you plan everything for the wedding, it will tell you what to do, how to do it and it will help you manage your time from more than 12 months to the final day (and beyond).
Wishing you all the best… let’s get started!
More than 12 months before:
- Of course, share the news with your families! (If it hasn’t been done already, prepare a meeting for your families to meet each others.)
- Choose one to three approximate dates of marriage in order to be flexible if needed afterwards.
- Start making a guest list so you don’t forget someone as the big day approaches.
- Visit wedding websites or even create your own for the occasion.
- Prospect wedding planners, and some other wedding professionals (photographer, videographer, caterer, florist, DJ, etc.) if organizers do not offer all of these services already.
- Browse wedding clothing styles.
Once this is done, you can trust a wedding planner that you will have carefully selected, in order to lighten your organization for the months and days to come. You wouldn’t want to forget any details, it could ruin your day. The wedding planner will be here to guide you in each step. This way you will be more reassured, and you will enjoy your wedding preparations without being anxious.
12 months before:
- Plan a budget for the wedding.
- Book the actual date of the marriage.
- Locate your destination wedding and book the festivities place in advance.
- Arrange an interview with your families to allocate expenses and tasks.
- Select caterers according to your budget and their quotes (go test for your final choice).
- Start thinking about the numbers of guest you will invite.
When you think of the budget as well as your wedding destination, you must take everything into account and make lots of comparison to be the more effective possible. You might want to have a wedding in France or even have a wedding in Paris, city of love! Well sometimes it will cost you less than if you got married in your own country. For example, your wedding dream in America could be more expensive than if you realize this wedding in France. I will tell you why: Of course, you must take into account the travel to France but once you are in Europe, so many opportunities present itself to you! You will be able to visit a new country, to plan your wedding in a French castle if you feel like it and to enjoy the French art of living! All of this with the same budget as if you were doing it in your own country. Why not fly to Italie or Spain after your wedding in France? Cheaper plane tickets, your dream continued, new cultures discovered, an adventurous beginning together… What better time to do it? I assure you, your wedding in France can cost you less than in America and will let you have a wedding even better than what you had imagined.